Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Through the Trees Oil painting by Canadian Artist Bente Hansen

Through the Trees 12x9 Oil on Gessoboard $110.00

Happy New Year to everyone.

I hope the upcoming year will be satisfying and bring many rewards.

2017 was a ying and yang year for me.

The great things were many and I won't go into the bad. We all have these times and I find that they allow us to appreciate when the times are good.

I enjoy painting on Gessoboard.  It seems to bring out the luminosity of the oil paint.  Its like a gem shining through.  The downside is that I can not purchase these boards in Canada and with the US$ exchange that makes it very expensive.  On the plus side I had purchased some a number of years ago when visiting Oregon so I do have a small supply of them on hand.

If you can get easy access to these boards I highly recommend them.

Blessings for a great day and a satisfying 2018.

Bente

No comments: