Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Art Cards

 Getting ready for the studio tour this weekend.  Thought it would be a good idea to make some personalized art cards.  Last year I made book marks by dragging watercolor paper through paint that I had put in my enamel palette.  I liked some of the results so much that I kept the book marks and thought it would be fun to do some quick watercolor sketches on watercolor card stock.

Below you see some papers that I made using a baby press.  It was fun getting different results using 3 layers of rice paper.  The Akua inks are water based so I will be able to use them with my acrylic mixed media and encaustic as well.  I loved the top left hand corner one where I printed 3 layers of ink and then the final one was gold on the backside.  The jewel toned effect was fabulous.



Blessings for a great day.

Bente

No comments: