This painting started with the image below which was created with a Gell press using the oil paint that I had remaining from a large oil painting I had done. I used 24lb bright Hammermill copy paper which was gratefully available at our local office supply store.
I then tried pouring the encaustic wax onto the board. This ended up being a make work project. It was really too thick so I spent the next few days trying to get the right amount of wax off to be able to see the image so that I could work on it.
My last step after using oil paint to infuse my lines was to rub pan pastels colors in areas where I felt the oil colors weren't strong enough to my liking.
Buff it up with a soft cloth and here you are.
Blessings for a creative weekend